2 large sweet potatoes- diced
2 medium sized carrots - finely diced
1 white onion- finely diced
1 cup Half&Half cream
2 large handfuls of cheese (Cheddar or Parmesan)
1 heaped teaspoon of mustard
Juice of 1 lime
Fish (cut into diagonal strips) - I used 1 packet smoked salmon and 2 tilapia fillets
2 large handfuls of spinach
Salt and Pepper to taste
*Preheat the oven to 230C/450F
1. Boil the diced sweet potatoes for 15 minutes until tender. About 1 minute before they're done, place spinach in collander over the pot so it steams a little)
2. In a separate pot, slowly fry the onion and carrots in a little bit of olive oil for 5 minutes
3. Add half&half cream, and bring to boil.
4. Take off heat, and add mustard, lemon, and cheese
5. Once the potatoes are done, drain them and place the pot back on the stove for a couple of minutes so they potatoes dry up a little.
6. Take off heat and add some olive oil, salt, pepper, a dash of nutmeg and mash
7. In an appropriate baking dish, place fish followed by spinach, then cream sauce and finally the mashed potatoes on top.
8. Baked in oven for about 25-30 minutes, and serve with green peas or salad.