Ingredients (Serves 2-4):
- 1.5 cups Pumpkin Puree (canned)
- 0.5 cups of milk/almond milk (or any other kind you prefer)
- 1 large sweet potato
- Ground Cinnamon
- Optional: 2 tablespoons brown sugar OR 2 tbsp honey
- Salt and Pepper
1. Peel and cut the sweet potato into small cubes
2. Place in boiling water and boil for 15 minutes, until the sweet potato is very tender
3. Drain the sweet potato, and save around 2 cups of the drained starchy water
4. Using the same pot, on high heat, combine pumpkin puree, milk, and sweet potato water until the liquid is smooth.
5. Lower heat to medium, and add sweet potato cubes. (At this point if you like your soup thinner, add more water or milk - if it's too liquidy, you can add more pumpkin puree).
6. Add a pinch of cinnamon, brown sugar or honey, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for a few minutes.
7. Serve with a piece of bread (optional) and enjoy!!