Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fresh Ginger Cookies

I wasn't too sure this recipe would work out, but Oh My Glozell,  they were so yummy!!  I'll definitely be making them again... they turned out to be just the right texture - soft and chewy.  Here's the recipe (from allrecipes.com):


Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda (or 2-3 teaspoons baking powder)
1/2 teaspoon salt
(My addition: 2 teaspoons cinnamon)
2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar (I substitute brown sugar here)
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
1 cup white sugar (for coating)





1. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinammon, and salt.
2. In a larger bowl, beat together butter, ginger and white sugar (or brown sugar substituted) until it's light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and molasses and beat.
4. Gently fold in flour mixture until it has just combined
5. Chill for 1 hour

6. Preheat oven to 350F (175C)
7. Roll dough into 1.5 inch balls and roll them in white sugar.
8.  Place on ungreased baking sheets (parchment paper), 2 inches apart
9. Bake until edges start to brown (takes between 15-18 minutes depending on your oven). Centres should be soft
10.  Let stand on cookie sheets for 1 minute, then you can transfer to a cooling rack to completely cool ( I prefer to eat them warm, myself! :)).









(I made my dough balls bigger so I got around 16 cookies out of the mixture, otherwise the serving size is 30).


Aaand, a little treat for anyone who used to watch sesame street... I love the Cookie Monster! Haha!



2 comments:

Lena said...

mmm your sister gave me some, delicious :)

Unknown said...

I'm glad you liked them! It's my new favourite cookie :D