I made these for dinner the day before yesterday, and served them with plain yoghurt!
- Sweet bell peppers (any colour)
- Rice (I used brown)
- Mixed vegetables (pre-cut or frozen)
- Tomato sauce/Pasta sauce
- Mozarella cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 250 deg. C.
2. Cook rice with vegetables (following instructions on packet of rice)
3. While the rice is cooking, clean the bell peppers and cut around the top to make sort of a lid.
4. Slice mushrooms and fry in pan with a small amount of olive oil
5. Hollow out the bell peppers, removing all seeds and place in a baking pan/casserole dish
6. Once the rice has cooked, fill the peppers 3/4 of the way
7. Add mushrooms on top
8. Pour tomato sauce in the peppers, and covering them... and at bottom of pan
9. Cover the peppers with its own 'lid'
10. Place foil over pan, and cook in oven around 25 minutes
11. Take peppers out, remove lid and sprinkle the mozarella cheese on top
12. Stick it back in the oven (without foil) for another 5-10 minutes until all the cheese has melted
If I you have mince meat, you can also make a rice and meat stuffing (fry meat first with salt, pepper & cinnamon - add meat to uncooked rice and boil until rice is cooked). The peppers were still a little bit crunchy, so if you like them softer and more well done then leave in the oven for longer.