This is an oatmeal recipe I often make for breakfast; it's delicious and filling! I top it with bananas, cinnamon, blueberries, honey and walnuts... I usually add the blueberries raw, but this time I decided to make it more exciting and cook down the blueberries with the honey into a sauce.
- 1/4 cup Bob Red Mill's Scottish Oatmeal
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Drizzle of Honey
- 1/2 Banana
- 1 chopped Walnut
- Handful of Blueberries
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
1. Bring water and milk to a boil
2. Add oatmeal, stir, cover and lower heat to a simmer (stir every few minutes)
3. In another sauce pan, bring honey and blueberries to a simmer, cover and let sit for a few minutes
4. Remove oatmeal from heat just before desired consistency; add vanilla extract, cover and let rest for a few minutes
5. Pour oatmeal in bowl, top with reduced blueberry sauce, chopped banana, chopped walnuts and cinnamon.
6. Enjoy with a warm drink!